10 Tips for Losing Weight in the New YearPosted: December 15, 2011 in Lifestyle by Craig Primack MD FACP
It is that time of the year again— time to start thinking about weight loss resolutions! This year, make your weight loss plans in Chandler count by taking advantage of the support and motivation available to you through a medical weight loss program. As you plan out your plan for the New Year, consider these ten simple weight loss tips that can help you start off on the right foot.
1. Know Yourself: Consider the food and exercises you prefer. An honest assessment will prevent you from making mistakes when it comes to your weight loss plan.
2. Set Weekly Goals: Rigid daily schedules are bound to fail. Make flexible, weekly goals and you’re more likely to be able to keep them when unexpected events happen.
3. Prepare to Substitute: No time to wait in line at the salad bar? Have some microwaveable soup stashed in the office freezer.
4. Indulge: If one glass of wine on Friday night makes you feel less deprived, indulge yourself. Being unyielding leads to binges.
5. Slow Down: No one should start pounding the weights or the pavement at a frenzied pace to “speed things up.” It’s not a race. Exercise with care, and expect healthy weight loss over the long-term.
6. Include Whole Food Groups: A well-rounded diet including greens, fruits, beans, seeds and nuts will ensure you don’t miss out on important micronutrients.
7. Be Predictable: Don’t try to conjure up new healthy meals every day. Established meal plans, such as poached fish with salad every Monday and Friday, will enable you to be prepared when hunger strikes.
8. Surround Yourself with Support: A good weight loss center can provide you with pre-structured and custom systems to give you the support you need. The weight loss plans in Chandler are geared for fitness goals at every level.
9. Be Kind to Yourself: As you lose weight and work towards achieving your goal weight it is important to appreciate yourself for all the work that you have done. Instead of beating yourself up over a misstep, compliment yourself for something you are proud of everyday. This will help to keep your motivation level up as you lose weight.
10. Forget the End Result: You don’t have to wait until the end to enjoy the results of your efforts. Shedding five pounds along the way is reason enough to congratulate yourself on a job well done. Celebrate with something non-food related, such as a trip to the beach or a day at the spa.