5 Ways to Clearer, Brighter Skin at Any AgePosted: May 2, 2019 in Lifestyle, Medical Aesthetics by Craig Primack MD FACP
Regardless of age, your skin should be the main focus in your anti-aging and beauty regimen. Clearer, brighter skin transcends time, and beautiful skin can make you look many years younger than your biological age. Many of us have seen a woman at the mall or elsewhere that has made us think, “Wow! If I looked like her, I wouldn’t mind getting older.” The good news is clearer, brighter skin is not a trademarked secret; following some simple protocols can transform your looks quickly. If your skin isn’t what it could be, here are five easy tried and true ways to get it back on track.
1. Exercise your way to clearer, brighter skin. It’s a snap to get skin flushed and glowing by performing easy aerobic exercises. Getting the body moving is a great way to bring radiance to the skin; sweating will cleanse the pores and make the complexion brilliant. It’s easy to do. Try to incorporate three, 30-minute sessions of aerobic exercise every week, more if you have time. Aerobic exercise has great health benefits and is also fabulous for your complexion.
2. Eat and drink your way to better skin. Simply, aim to drink water and eat plenty of nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds have natural fats that plump up the cells of the skin. Try a daily handful of almonds, pumpkin seeds, or walnuts to begin. These are all healthy fats that are sure to create a healthy environment for the skin. In the same light, drinking water will hydrate the skin and make it radiant. Aim for eight, eight-ounce glasses of filtered water every day and watch your complexion glow with beauty.
3. Cleanse, tone, and exfoliate. Aim to use natural cleansers and a light toner on your skin to keep it beautiful and bedazzling. Exfoliating is controversial if you have acne, but if you choose to, use weekly light exfoliation to slough off dead skin cells and let natural beauty emerge. Where to find these products without extra chemicals and toxins added?
According to user reviews on Amazon.com, MyChelle Dermaceuticals are a great new product line to try if you want all natural ingredients. MyChelle products are toxic free and, according to the packaging, are all natural. Dr. Mercola, the famed wellness expert, states that we can get bombarded with toxins through our personal products. With this in mind, MyChelle products are a great bet. Check these or similar other products out on Amazon to get your glow going.
4. Go easy on the makeup. Too much makeup can clog pores and dull the complexion. Powder-based makeup and mineral makeup looks natural and is lighter on the skin. As we age, our face needs to breathe; putting too much makeup on the skin can hinder this ability. To get a younger look, according to experts on Pinterest.com, stay with light makeup and natural cosmetics. Some recommendations include the Physicians Formula line. Their products are toxic free and are found in the drug store. To add to the benefits, their products are affordable–they are also light on the skin and remove easily with soap and water.
5. Stay out of the sun. Left unawares, many have loved the sun, tanned their skin, and paid the price of premature aging. Some sun worshipers have even used baby oil and coconut oil with no SPF just to get a deep tan. Fortunately, we know better now. Regardless of what skin type you have, your skin can burn and your DNA can be damaged by too much sun exposure.
First, always use prevention to remedy this. Research the correct SPF for your skin type and make sure you use your sunscreen every day–even in the winter! If you want beautiful skin when you are older, you need to give up tanning now. Or if you are older and need to undo signs of the past, Dr. Perricone has developed several price-friendly anti-aging skincare options on Amazon.com. It’s no secret; the sun will age you prematurely, but it’s never too late. Just remember, you do not need to have a tan to be beautiful.
It’s not difficult to have clearer, brighter skin. With a little work and some trial and error of a few specific beauty products, you can have radiant skin at any age. Start now; you can try these five ways to improve your skin in a hurry. They are easy to implement and they won’t cost you much at all. In no time, you will have clearer, brighter skin that defies age. Try these ideas and see for yourself. Soon you will be well on your way to being that beautiful woman at the mall everyone is talking about.