Tips For A Flat StomachPosted: August 31, 2010 in Lifestyle by Craig Primack MD FACP
If you’re like many of us, you find it difficult to lose that stubborn fat around your midsection. Want a flatter stomach? Follow these tips to cut the belly fat.
Tips For A Flat Stomach
- Drink skim milk: studies show that five servings of low fat dairy encourages weight loss, especially in the stomach. This may include low-fat milk, cheese, yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Fill up on whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, oats and other fiber rich whole grains can encourage the loss of belly fat when eaten in place of refined grains like white rice.
- Eat good fats: replace saturated and trans fats with monounsaturated fats, like those found in nuts, olive oil, and avocados.
- Drink plenty of water: replacing high calorie beverages with water can promote weight loss, but it can also reduce constipation and bloating, which may contribute to the appearance of a swollen belly.
- Do your cardio: while stomach crunches can strengthen your abdominal muscles, you can’t have a flat stomach if there’s belly fat on top of those strong muscles. Cardio exercise helps promote fat loss all over your body, which is actually the best way to lose belly fat.
If you’re working to keep your entire body healthy and tone, you’ll probably end up with a flatter stomach in the process.